Come and find out at the ITFMA Conference in San Francisco April 16-20, 2012. I'll be there talking about the Financial Management Critical Capabilities of IT-CMF at 10:00 a.m. on Friday, April 20. I'd love to meet you either inside or outside the conference while I am in San Francisco, so please leave a comment below if you'd like to set something up!
As part of our continuing effort to find ways to get more value out of IT budgets, last year I came across the IT Financial Management Association (ITFMA,) and this year we joined. Why? Because, in my experience, the first step in getting value out of the IT budget is getting the IT budget under control. That means taking a professional approach to managing money by having professionals with financial management training doing the recording and analysis of IT spending.
Frankly, I hadn't heard of the ITFMA before last year, but it is celebrating its 25th anniversary this year. Who knew? There are certainly some significant corporations who have been members for over ten years, covering a diverse range of organizations:
- American Express
- Anheuser-Busch, Inc.
- Bank of America
- Coca-Cola Company
- Honda of America
- McDonald's Corporation
- State of Kansas
- State of Wyoming
- The Hartford
What sort of topics do ITFMA members care about? Probably some of the same topics that you do. Here is a sample of the presentations at the San Francisco conference:
- Best Predictive Budgeting Models
- 25 Years of Chargeback Experiences and Best Practices
- Asset Management Best Practices
- Success for Today's IT Finance
- ITIL Trends and Experiences
- Benchmark IT Spending and Staffing Ratios Best Practices
- Checklist for Cutting IT Costs
- IT Infrastructure Pricing
- Mobile Device Cost Control
- Capital Budgeting Best Practices
- Improving Cost Model Accuracy
- Cloud Economics Best Practices
- Trends in Software Spending
- IT Consumption Cost Analysis
- IT Transparency Best Practices
- 21st Century IT Budgeting
- Measuring Business Value of IT
- Best Practrices for RFP Projects
If you are interested in signing up for the conference, you can register here. Hope to see you there!